Maybe it's just me, but I'm surprised that nfs is so widely used.  It
seems to be very insecure for an internal lan.  The "security" I see it
using is host based and client uid based.  Neither of which are good
internal security.  Is this all nfs can do?  I can imagine evil_cracker
from plugging in his laptop configured with an allowed IP and his
username as my uid and mounting rw network shares.  At least
smbfs/smbmount authenticates with a password, even if it is transfered
using an insecure protocol.

Sheesh, putting ipsec on every machine and using opportunistic
encryption internally seems more and more attractive and worth the
setup.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to your