I was thinking that distributing a pre-configured locked-down bootable
CD, which turned any PC with supported wifi hardware into a node, and
assuming it can route to th internet, also a bridge.  Maybe for those
who have existing wifi setups, it could allow any booted box on their
existing wifi to route the mesh traffic as well as whatever they
normally do.  The mesh would offer some obivous benefits, once there are
enough nodes.  Any number of services could be run locally, too, which
could tie in to, say the local economy movement.  I don't understand the
OE, though (I'll do some reading later), but can you explain briefly if
every host wanting to join in must have the same key (single shared), or
if each host has its own...?  Thanks  ( =

regards,

   Ben

... The freemesh system could have a dns server which