Something similar happened the first time Evolution was updated
to 1.4 and I found the solution to that in the forums. Of course
there's probably an anwer to my current problem but I don't want
this happening every time there's and upgrade for Evolution.
There errors are:
(in an 'Error' window) Cannot access the Ximian Evolution shell.
in my xterm is this:
** (evolution:32489): CRITICAL **: file
bonobo-activation-activate.c: line 353
(bonobo_activation_activate): assertion `ac != NULL' failed
(Killing old version of Wombat...)

** (evolution:32489): CRITICAL **: file
bonobo-activation-activate.c: line 353
(bonobo_activation_activate): assertion `ac != NULL' failed

I did an 'emerge -C evolution' and removed the 1.4.3 ebuild,
emerged 1.4 and that didn't do the trick so I did 'emerge sync',
emerge evolution, and it brought back up to 1.4.3 again with the
same problem. Might it seem that since something similar has
happened before that I may need some of the gnome libs or
something? FYI, I run Fluxbox and have yanked KDE from all my
systems.

Thanks for any help.

Mr O.