On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 07:17:24AM -0700, Larry Price wrote:

> On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 11:52  PM, Jacob Meuser wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 02:14:50AM +0000, Bob Crandell wrote:
> >>What do you get if run vkeybd from a command prompt?  Does the sound
> >>work from other
> >>programs?  Do you have rights?
> >>

> >Other (basic) sound apps work.
> >
> Does vkeybd depend on a virtual device that doesn't
> exist yet ?
>
> /dev/dsp /dev/midi are possibilities
>
> although if that were the case you should have gotten an informative
> error message.

I *think* the proper devices exist.  Before I loaded the snd-midi*
modules, vkeybd was giving error messages about missing devices.

I think maybe I just need a better understanding of how ALSA works?

I guess it's possible vkeybd needs a synth to read the MIDI events,
but the sparse info I've found for vkeybd seems to imply it is a
standalone noisemaker.

--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>