On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:13:06AM -0700, Bob Miller wrote:
> Jacob Meuser wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 08:00:04AM -0700, Ben Barrett wrote:
> > > Have you gotten any other midi software to work; ie, can you play midi
> > > through your sound card, either with real midi support or with software
> > > synthesis?
> >
> > Well, the thing is, I don't have any hardware MIDI equipment (I will
> > likely get some if I start having fun with the virtual stuff), and
> > I don't know much about MIDI.  I've installed fluidsynth, pmidi, pd,
> > spiralmodular, jack, zynaddsubfx, timidity++, tapiir, snd, rosegarden,
> > etc, etc, but I haven't used any of them yet, because I have nothing
> > to create MIDI events/files ... which is what I want vkeybd for.
>
> Have you looked at PlanetCCRMA?  It's pretty much everything a
> musician could want bundled up as a set of RPMs for RedHat.
> One stop shopping, around a hundred apps.
>
> CCRMA is Stanford's Center for Computer Research in Music and
> Acoustics.  They have a long illustrious history of pushing the
> computer music envelope (sort of the Xerox PARC of digital audio).
>
>     http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

I added that to my bookmarks last night.  Lots of software, little
documentation.  A couple others I've bookmarked:

http://linux-sound.org/
http://www.djcj.org/LAU/guide/index.php

I also found http://www.heroinewarrior.com/, not really what I was
looking for, but interesting Linux multimedia nonetheless.

--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>