Hi Maximilian,

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 11:59 PM, Maximillian Schwanekamp wrote:

Anyway, Tasha @ OPN mentioned a Linux Group meeting at efn on Thursdays. I
hesitate to come to it, because aside from my MS web (Win2k/xp/ASP/SQL
Server) experience and a brief & bewildering tryst with Mandrake 9, I am
largely a Linux newbie. So the question is, would it be productive for a
neophyte to come to the EugLug meeting?

The clinics are supposed to be *for* newbies, the fact that they often degenerate into geek social night is just a fringe benefit.

Seriously though, it is the place to start, especially since
getting linux installed in the first place can be somewhat more daunting than learning to use it productively.

 Or should I simply spend some
sleepless nights learning on my own, and then come to EugLug when I get
stuck?

You can do that too; the clinics are a good place to ask about things that are confusing you.