I avoid RH8, but have my Kensington TurboBall (trackball) working in
RH9, as it was in 7.x... is there anything specific to the "cordless"
aspect??  I don't see any reason that the drivers would care if it is
cordless or not, so support might be the same as for the non-cordless
model... although maybe there is something showing battery life or
signal quality (?) humm, curious indeed.  I'm guessing you've already
tried the imps2 driver?  I think logitech has its own, though that one
works for me -- I had to change the ZAxisMapping IIRC to get the scroll
wheel to work (and again when I upgrade to rh9)... will send along my
settings if you like, or I'm pretty sure they're in the list archives.

God luck!

   Ben