From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf
Of john fleming
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 11:30 AM
To: The Eugene Unix and GNU/Linux User Group's mail list
Subject: Re: [eug-lug]blender workshop or something

baggab wrote:

>I better bow out of this discussion.  This looks to be a "define the
>technical end of this software and move on" discussion.  I guess I'm coming
>from the "I'm going to use this as an artist in the emerging 3D rendering
>market" end of this discussion.
>
>In the technical vein: has anyone gotten a Logitech cordless wheel mouse to
>work with RH 8.0?

My particular nitch here is somone with a strong interest in 3d art who
is frustrated with getting a start in it. I'm looking for introductory
stuff  and things that will help me get more oriented, also the oss
programs are what I prefer and that makes this topic fit into this list
somehow. Wings is one program that I have fiddled with and  I found it
less confusing than blender ,though that is without a live intro with
real persons ,and I seem to learn much better in that environment. I am
hoping that those with more experience could  give  a talk or demo and
present  exercises for the more newb among us

                                                         john