On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 12:27:39PM -0700, Maximillian Schwanekamp wrote:
> -- Alas, Windows makes one lazy...

No.  Windows makes one docile.

It does so by restricting the user to one and only one way of
accomplishing a task limited to the imagination of MS engineers, like a
cow channeled through a narrow corral.

In contrast UNIX is like an open field.  The timid user or administrator
is often frightened and says, "Give me my corral back."

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to your