Ken,
        I use kmail too, and have noticed simular irregularities. It used to use the
email address associated with the folder, but now it seems to use the most
recently sent email address instead... weirdness! There is an option ("this
address is for a mailing list" it think it was called) that handled that...
Mine probably doesnst work right because I upgraded, and used the old config
files from previous version...

        Since I didnt care about which email apears, my solution was to include both
email addresses on the list, but the [EMAIL PROTECTED] not get postings from the
list.
        Regarding the list archive: That is handled throught the website, I belive
rob set that up, but its been so long since that was setup, I cant remember.
Its probably not worth the hassle to get them removed though, and may not
really be possible. Even if it is removed, search engines like google archive
stuff (cached) so that information can still be retrieved even if the archive
is modified to remove your email address.

Jamie