jgw wrote:

> I guess my point was ineffectively made. What I meant is that all software
> sucks to an extent, you've just got to pick the one that sucks least for
> you. I think that by and large, Apple's mantra "It just works" easily
> applies, whereas Microsoft's "ease of use" initiatives are often skewed,
> by a clear majority's opinion.

Several of my friends are experiencing Apple at its maximum suckage
level this week as they migrate to Panther.  Nothing major, just lots
of little details that don't work the way they used to and didn't get
tested.  I don't believe the Big Bang Release Model is appropriate for
personal software (including the OS).  It's better to find what's
broken early and often.

That's why I Like the "new packages every day" model of Debian
(unstable and testing) and Gentoo.  I don't know of a commercial OS
distributor who uses that model, though.  Kubota Pacific used to
release its OS monthly, with certain months labeled "major" and others
labeled "minor".

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]