Ben Barrett wrote:

> I know I might [now] get slammed for not using "yum" [yet], and maybe
> I'll be promoting it soon, but I'm still enjoying apt-get (apt-rpm) on
> redhat... there's a nice apt GUI tool call synaptic, which I'm sure some
> debian users know.  It's real nice  = )

I'm not getting warm fuzzies about the proliferation of package
managers that TDFKAR (The Distribution Formerly Known As RedHat) is
using.  Package management and version synchronization is hard enough
without introducing three different package managers all with slightly
different semantics and slightly different sets of packages available.

I predict a train wreck.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]