> I've read the FTM and I'm still not sure. I *think* that the filesystems
> used by FreeBSD are different from the ext2 system used by linux so I
> couldn't have the two OS's coexisting and reading the same home directory.
> But I couldn't find any explicit discussion of this point in the FreeBSD
> manual.

I believe all the BSDs use the Fast File System* (ffs). But that
shouldn't be a problem for want you want to do - at least not from
the BSD side of things. You just need to specify what Type of file
system /home is in your /etc/fstab file. I'd be very surprised if
Linux couldn't mount a FFS partition. see mount(8) and mount_ext2fs(8)
in your version of BSD.

* as others have pointed out, FFS isn't exactly the fastest FS
out there. You can speed things up quite a bit by enabling soft
dependences (softdep); see mount(8).

-Beaker
--
[ SiMpLe MaChInEs ] --> gopher://beaker.mdns.org
   or (via proxy)