Bob Miller wrote:

Mr O wrote:

   I feel bad since I've only got one box , PolarBear....since I collect
   Polar Bears.
   Guess I could count my laptop too, you can call it either DELL or
   Knoppix.

How does everyone name their machines?

Anne names her boxes milamber, pug (from Raymond Feist's Magician),
towel (a laptop, from Hitchhiker's Guide), washcloth (another laptop),
and purplepc (case color).  And a printer named chainsaw-annie.

I have named machines...

        jogger-egg*, nogger
        mitco, bitco (the trolley lines at the MIT model railroad club)
        central-services (from the movie, Brazil)
        fold, spindle, mutilate (for [EMAIL PROTECTED])
        kitchenputer
        box, newbox
        firewall, backup, tunes, print, vaio (boring names)

I've reused some of those names several times over the decades.

* See [1]http://www.jogger-egg.com/jogger-what.html .