Cookie removal:

1) Open your web browser. I'll assume you are using Internet Explorer, the one with the big blue "e" logo.

2) Go to the Tools menu. Choose "Internet Options". In the resulting dialog window, there is a "Delete Cookies" button. Click it. Agree to the following message.

3) That's it!

It's really exactly the same as on Linux, since the cookies are stored by the web browser, not the operating system (yes I know the lines are blurred with Windows/IE). Mozilla Firefox works the same way, just go to Edit > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies > Clear.

The effect is that your stored login information for certain websites will be cleared, as well as a bunch of other useless junk. It's a good thing to clear cookies once in a while.

-Max

walter fry wrote:

Hi Walter newbie here
I have been absent from the microprocessor field since DOS 4.01 running on a 80286 laptop.

The world of 'doze is new to me ,,, please tell me how to find undesirable cookies on my
COMPAC Presario 900/915USA running XP, SERVPAK 2,,,,I will never buy anything intel if I can help it ,,they lied ,,,,,when they published the 286 engineering manual wherein they stated that in protected mode it would address a GB of memory space I invested over $3500 and 286 could not do as promised. I said fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me,,,ergo my prejudice....WF