On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 05:01:31PM -0700, Linux Rocks! wrote:
> > Aack!  The friend from whom I just inherited that mobo had burned up his
> > 1GHz socket 370 CPU!  I coulda grabbed yours and put him back on the
> > road in no time.  Crikey, as it was, he runs off to Fry's (against my
> > advice) and buys a brand new 3GHz MB/CPU combo that, turns out, won't
> > run Windows98 SE.  So now he's running XP and hating life.
>
> Sure he can, he just has to under-clock his computer down to 2.1ghz as win98
> has a cpu freq limit.

Bahahahahaha!

*ahem*  Signed int, I take it?

(If someone has a > 6 GB HD that they've declared obsolete, I can give it
a good home in a system being assembled for a new college student out of
some of my old parts and a couple of new ones that I probably wouldn't
have needed had I seen this thread two weeks ago..)