________________________________

        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Gallagher
        Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 9:17 AM
        To: Eugene Unix and Gnu/Linux User Group
        Subject: [Eug-lug] iPhone expanded: to MS Milan project

        I found the pocketmod and thinking rock to be novel approaches
to data collection and analysis.  That's why I hangout here, you guys
are fountains of information.

        Aside: anyone seen the movie The Fountain   Its visual and
thought provoking.  It gets a mild recommendation.

Yes. I thought it was amazing. The ending was a little weird, but
overall the visuals were beautiful, the acting was top notch, and the
storyline was delightfully convoluted and well written. Incidentally,
the effects were all analog - no CG. Most of the spacy effects were done
by these guys in London who have a high-powered microscope that they use
to film close ups of liquids and particles of stuff - like oily water
with a dash of curry powder or something. The director talks about it in
this Wired interview
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.11/outsider.html

- Jason L.