Mike

This "apt-get-install kubuntu" sounds like a great idea, about how much
space does the OS take up, after all the updates.  I'm assuming it's not
that much, that it would make a difference.

I guess what I'm asking is "any downside to this install?"  Are there
certain updates that are humongous and are really for the expert/developer,
that I should avoid?

I guess what I'm hearing, via other forums, is that kubuntu is more
driver/device friendly?  Trying to get a Palm Tungsten PDA to work native.
I'm still in the very early stages of REAL Ubuntu usage /w web access.
Right now I have Ubuntu, via wireless, on one computer /w a removable drive
bay so I can play around.  I'm limited in not having cat 5 web access for
updates, but now I see I'll have to get that cat 5 installed.

Brian