yeah I guess it is kubuntu-desktop if you are using the base
repositories.  I don't recall it taking up that much extra space, but
I've never really paid too much attention.  Most of the core components
are shared, but you are adding all the KDE related stuff, so a couple
hundred meg minimum I would think.
                        -Mike

"Some people, when confronted with a problem, think 'I know, I'll use
regular expressions'. Now they have two problems." --— Jamie Zawinski.