If you're using DD-WRT or anything similar (customized after-market
firmware upgrades for embedded routers/waps/firewalls), I don't see
why you need the linux model of the router.  If you use any
linux-based device, don't assume that you get command-line access, and
conversely, you can get command-line access on any device for which
these cool & funky firmware upgrades are available.
For myself, I could give a rat's arse whether it configures via
command-line or web gui, since I rarely log in to it or change
anything.  But yeah if that is where/how anyone likes & wants to spend
their time, I won't knock it... I'll only suggest getting out once in
a while and attempting to be social with humans, IRL, F2F, etc :)
So my answers are 1. Sorry, and 2. Congrats.  ;)

~ben

PS - the DD-WRT supported devices wiki page at
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices lists some
basic specs for many many supported models, so you'll have a sense of
how many add-on packages you can install (due to overall flash memory
size), and how much may run at once due to RAM and processor
limitations.  Please also note that DD-WRT is one of a large ecosystem
of projects & variants!

PPS - About the WinModem's web interface, I prolly missed something at
a Thurs nite meeting, but I've never heard of a WinModem with a web
interface! Hopefully I am not the first example for you, of a person
who is a "command line person" who doesn't care if I have to use a web
interface from time to time.  Maybe that makes me *not* a command-line
person by this sometimes-zealous LUG's view?