Depending on your needs a it sounds like more memory is one of them.
You might take a look at one of these.

http://www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm

I'm going to be replacing soon ( After tax season I hope. ) my WRT54GS
with two Alix boards.  I have one now running as my firewall running
Zeroshell.  You will have to buy Mini-PCI Wifi a card ( or cards
depending on board. ) and a CF card for storage.  Unfortunately
PC-Engines does not have the IDE interface populated but if you
soldered the pins on your self or used the correct header pins with
non-conductive spacer. You can stick a laptop hard drive on it as
well.

-Miller