Fixed price, set speed, no unreasonable bandwidth caps. I pay
for my connection, not what I use. Satellite is a good example
there. Daily limits before getting throttled back.

Qwest requires at the very least basic home phone service to
qualify for *any* price reduction on their services.

I can maintain a full 8Mbps or better download speeds at times.
My connection is typically only limited by the other end. Yes,
uploads typically only average 45k.

Sorry, I don't live in a utopian society where everything is
free and I can run around naked and not pay taxes. We as
Americans have a greater amount of "freedom" than many other
countries. I could care less if they're sniffing my packets for
LOLbombs. Should I ever hop on a plane again in my life I'll
just wear a trench coat and boxers. I have nothing to hide!
Well, maybe from the IRS. That $20 'gift' was used for lunch.