Lorraine, I was really impressed with the earth week
cellphone-recycling program NextStep put together -- I saw
notices/flyers/reminders about it in a number of places, which I think
is crucial.  Getting the people to GIVE the stuff to the program is
great, but with students (speaking from my own experience, less than
an eon ago) it is all partying at the end of the term, and the
students who are trashing so many goodies are the hardest to reach out
to.  I think it would be stellar if some third party, be it UO or
state financial aid or a restaurant/bar, would offer promotions to
those who donate recyclable hardware.  That's what community is for,
right?

In terms of getting a truck on campus, I think CASL and other student
groups could rally up a bunch of carts and muscle them around... I
know, I have *no* idea of the actual scale involved :)
CASL was putting on a cool glass bottle cutting demo in front of the
EMU the other day, fwiw.

~ben