On Aug 11, 2008, at 8:45 PM, wes morgan wrote:

Hello:

   Is there much of a difference between Apache and Ubuntu Server?

Isn't that kind of like 'is there a difference between an apple and an pear tree?'

Unless you are asking about something different than Apache, the web server...

Apache is a software application that is included in many linux distributions, along with a great many unix variants (e.g. Solaris, Aix, HP-UX, ad nauseam.) It's usual use is to serve html (among other things) to web browsers over the internet.

Ubuntu Server is a description of one way to install the Ubuntu distribution. It includes Apache as one of the programs.

If I'm in error, I'm sure it will be pointed out more than once. :)

Russell Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]