Ubuntu Server means the distribution is designed to run as a server. The type
of server is up to you. It can be a file server, database server, web server,
and/or more. Other distros can be used as a server as well. "Designed" for a
server typically means they strip out all the usual desktop applications and
window manager fluff. The machines in my rack are servers and even have apache
running but not serving to the outside world.

Apache is merely the software package that allows your "server" to act as a web
server. Apache does run on nearly anything including Windows!