Lucifer Linux wrote:
> Testing the live distro at "brick and mortar" stores sounds like a
> good idea, although it doesn't seem that practical on Black Friday at
> 5:30 a.m. at Best Buy, but then again, that's what refunds and
> receipts are for.
>
> -  IMHO knoppix sounds like a good live distro test too.

I think any recent release ( less than 6 months old) will work for
testing in the store, don't expect to get every device such as wi-fi to
work. Once you get the laptop home I recommend trying several releases,
research using www.google.com/linux devices that aren't recognized
immediately.
  My laptop took some work to get wi-fi to work, and the display was an
odd size but worked mostly from the start. Newer releases are more
likely to keep up with the newer devices.
Jim K