Thanks for the suggestion. Although top of the line AMD for servers and gaming is a good way to go I don't do AMD for home anymore. Rather, I should say I don't do AMD based motherboards anymore. Been burnt too many times. But certainly I'm appreciative the competition is out there.

With Sandy Bridge AMD loses much of it's cost for performance advantage. The bottom line for me is the positive benefits of Sandy Bridge are worth the wait. Will just have to wait to build the extended media center I was hoping for sooner. And wait for a motherboard replacement for my brothers PC I just built. Hopefully transfers over SATA channels don't degrade before then.