  1) LED output
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  2) Re: Extra parts
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Those amazing regs.
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: LED Head Lights?
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: U of W project, was Venturi Fetish
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: U of W project, was Venturi Fetish
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: U of W project, was Venturi Fetish
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: U of W project, blueprinting drag race motors
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  9) Re: U of W project, was Venturi Fetish
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: [Fwd: EV Shop]
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Venturi Fetish
 12) Saving the environment
        by spidercats <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: wire cutting machine (OT)
 14) Re: Saving the environment
        by "Roy LeMeur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Saving the environment
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 16) Re: LED output
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: LED output
        by Seth Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: Thermal Runaway, Conditioning Charge (was: The Amazing Little
Hawkers.)
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) incandescents vs LED, efficency is relative measurement
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: The Amazing Little Hawkers.
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) HID on EV
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Extra Parts, tid bit for 300zx converters
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) RE: The Amazing Little Hawkers.
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) RE: The Amazing Little Hawkers.
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) 300zx adaptor plate
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: 300zx adaptor plate
        by Seth Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: incandescents vs LED, efficency is relative measurement
        by Bruce Weisenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Luxeon's document on retrofitting [http://www.luxeon.com/pdfs/AS13.PDF] states
"18 watts of Luxeon displace 135 watts of incandescent" - the little Ikea 11
watt CFs I use around the house list 600 lumens replacing a 60 watt
incandescent (but would you ever use one as a headlight?!)

>> I have begun my work on fitting the warp 9 into the 300zx.
>> On the transmission mount there is a bar with 2 5lb weights on the rear
>> mount.

Sorry, didn't see this go by the first time.  Those weights tune out a
vibration resonance in the drivetrain.  You can safely remove them with an
electric motor drive.

John De Armond
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/o/johngd/
Cleveland, Occupied TN

Big question for you Rich:

Will your regs work the same if they are located 15 feet from the battery, connected by 16 gauge wires and a fuse?

How about 20 gauge? 10 gauge? Can they work if you share a wire between two batteries?

That's going to be the big question for me: If a reg can work that way I'll cave and place an order for 50 in the spring. I'll hook them up to a distribution port on the front of my pack and stick em in a box under the hood. But the voltage drop over the wires and having 51 or 100 wires and relays is the key.

That's what I hope to test on the E20 this winter.

I agree totally BUT stoplight SHOULD definately be LED based, EV or not.

Philippe

Et si le pot d'échappement sortait au centre du volant ?
quel carburant choisiriez-vous ?
 http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr
Forum de discussion sur les véhicules électriques
http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/Forum/index.php

Please respond directly to felixthemagiccat at gmail.com

==================================

Metric Mind,

In the year 2001 I became interested in electric vehicles.  I was
living on the East cost .in North Carolina and looking for a small
pickup truck.  I had thought about the idea of owning an electric
vehicle, but I knew nothing at all of them.  So I searched the
Internet to find information about ev.  That is when I discovered the
Metric Mind.  I looked over and over the Honda conversion, completely
amazed every time and I still am.  I started to think about
conversion, then I thought of building a kit car with an electric
motor.  But both my funds and knowledge were and are still limited.  I
ended up purchasing a 1997 Mazda B2300 with an internal combustion
engine.  My dreams for an ev faded away.

In 2004 I traded in the Mazda for a gas guzzling v8 4wd 2001 Toyota
Tundra.  The reason: to impress chicks, to have 4wd, and feel macho,
it is a very nice vehicle.  But deep down I want an economic, and
environmentally considerate transport.  I would like to have converted
the Mazda.  I couldn't afford to convert the Mazda and get the Toyota,
so I chose the Toyota.  Primarily based on my limited knowledge of ev.
 The problem is that I don't want to put a pile of money into
something when I do not know what I'm doing, and don't have anyone to
consult, or know of anywhere to go to for tools parts equipment or
anything else specifically for converting to an ev.  I know less than
a novice, and I have no training or education.

I have started reading and scanning over books about the history of
ev, what they consist of, and how to convert to electric.  I was
reading Build Your Own Electric Vehicle by Bob Brant, when I felt the
inspiration to find out all that I can about ev, so that I could open
an ev shop/dealership.  I am now living in central Wisconsin. I live
in a place that is slow to adopt technology and intellectual change.
Where I am there are a lot of boat dealerships, atv dealerships,
hunting stores, new and used car dealerships, audio stereo shops, arts
and crafts specialties, office supply stores, Radio Shacks, bars, but
no places near me that offer electric vehicles or information or
conversions or parts.

I want to sell electric vehicles, cars, lawn mowers, atv's, boats; and
do conversions and sell components, tools, and any other equipment
relative to ev.  This place is starvhing for productive intellectual
innovation.  I want to bring the ev concept to where I live, here in
central Wisconsin.  But I know next to nothing about electric
vehicles, or business.  I am asking for direction, where should I
start, what should I learn, what should I do, who can I talk with
about this idea, what are the chances I could populate this area with
efficient environmentally considerate vehicles?  Please give me some
suggestions.

Thank you,
Felix Gardner

----- Original Message ----- From: "James D Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>