  1) RE: Fw: EV Charter (Re: Politics v. advocacy was: Re: Backdoor Politics)
        by "Dave Davidson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Transmissions
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: How to take action, EM, EV truck? (was: RE: save the EV Rangers)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: EV Marriage made in Heaven - WHAT  No Comments ???
        by "MYLES ANTHONY TWETE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Fwd: Re: Politics vs. advocacy (was: Re: Backdoor Politics)
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: NO POLITICS - READ THIS
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Building big EVs, was Re: EV Pusher Trailers?
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) OT: Hydrogen Not Zero Emissions (was: Drunk on hydrogen.)
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Transmissions (LONG, higher-performance questions)
        by Christopher Robison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) geared bike hubs
        by Martin Klingensmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Building big EVs, was Re: EV Pusher Trailers?
        by Felix Gardner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Fw: EV Charter (Re: advocacy was: Backdoor Politics)
        by "Steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Transmissions (LONG, higher-performance questions)
        by "David Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Backdoor Politics...come on guys, knock it off!
        by Marvin Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- I support a separate list for EV related politics. Not everyone has the time, knowledge, place, or desire to build an EV, but still wants to drive one.To them, manufacturers destroying EVs at the end of lease is very important. Lack of available production electric vehicles outside of California is an issue to those of us living other places. Also, California is the only state allowed to make it's own antipollution laws. Other states can only adopt California's rules or go with the federal rules.

Think our government doesn't ban things? Try importing a production EV from Europe, such as a Pugeot 101 Electric, or Citreon Saxo Electric or a Renault electric pickup (pardon my spelling). Can't be done. The US Government bans these vehicles in this country.

On a more local level, electric scooters (whether built or purchased) are banned in many localities. Can't ride them on bike trails because they are motor vehicles. Can't ride on the street because they don't meet the motor vehicle standards, and can't be licensed.

I personally don't object to politics of this nature on the list and possible actions to affect the political climate, laws, etc. I thought this came under the heading of the future direction of EVs. However, I strongly object to the name calling, ridiculing, etc. That does not belong on any list.

I have friends of all political beliefs. We can get into some heated discussions, and sometimes have to agree to disagree. However, knowing why folks who agree with them much more than with me still want to have and drive EVs helps me when talking to them. Also, those of us who may disagree with each other on many if not most topics can still come together and work together on a common goal if we just respect each other. We can actually be stronger because of our different beliefs and better able to argue for EVs from all points of view.

If this list is to be only for the technical aspects of EV construction, then another list for EV (only) related politics and political action is needed. I will certainly join.

Dave Davidson
Glen Burnie, MD
1993 Dodge TEVan

From: "Steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Fw: EV Charter (Re: Politics v. advocacy was: Re: Backdoor Politics)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:24:38 -0500

David Roden hello,
Mark Klemkosky appears irritated at the politics on the EVDL. I sent the attached email.
Steve Love [EMAIL PROTECTED]