  1) Fw:A world without Crud-oil, all electric autos 1900
  2) Re: regen...
        by "M.G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: regen...
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Steve's business
        by Tim Clevenger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Old Beetle EV Conversion Update
        by Doug Weathers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: The point of diminishing returns?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Ford Ranger EV Drivers/ EV biz
        by "Steve Clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Battery Packs
        by "David (Battery Boy) Hawkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) New recumbent motorcycle.
 10) Re: Ford Ranger EV Drivers Resist Repossession
        by "Steve Clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: New recumbent motorcycle.
        by richard ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: New recumbent motorcycle
        by "paul compton \(RRes-Roth\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: Battery Packs
        by Gnat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) RE: New recumbent motorcycle
        by "Ivo Jara G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) ETS AND NESEA TEAM UP FOR EMISSION FREE VEHICLES
        by Lee Dekker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: New BEV for Sale to Beta Customer
        by Electro Automotive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: New recumbent motorcycle.
        by Michael Hurley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) zero emissions ?
        by "Ivo Jara G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) RE: New recumbent motorcycle.
        by "Ivo Jara G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: New recumbent motorcycle.
        by Michael Hurley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: UK EV construction
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: zero emissions ?
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) RE: zero emissions ?
        by "Ivo Jara G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
and machines at www.bikewebb.com

Paul Compton
www.sciroccoev.co.uk

Hi Dave

> Below is a post from October regarding 8V floodies. If you REALLY want to
> use 8's, I think a series pack of 24 for 192V might be better than a
> parallel pack of 96V.
> Hope this helps,
> BB

I take it that the 6v's have a higher plate to weight ratio than the 8v's?
Or have better operating characteristics? ie sag etc.

I'm not stuck with any particular battery volt or configuration so I'm just
trying to find out what is the best compromise might be. A friend here (yet
another Dave) is a regional battery wholesaler so I can get what I need,
once
I have a clue what that is. He has a Commuticar, a etruck, and a Mazda
Ewagon
so he's been playing with evs for a bit.

Dave

Hello, I'm a newbie in this discussion list, but I think that even if it's
too long, depending on the use it might be driveable.

Cech this out (for geometry reference), you could move your front axle
backwards and separate the battery pack to accomodate it.

http://www.ihpva.org/people/tstrike/trike3.htm

BTW I'm starting a project oriented towards that configuration, but so far I
have not decided if my steering will be on the front wheels or in the back
wheel, we'll see.

Regards

and machines at www.bikewebb.com

Paul Compton
www.sciroccoev.co.uk

http://www.earthtoys.com/news.php?section=view&id=589

MT. VERNON, New York, January 19, 2005– Electric Transportation Solutions, LLC
(ETS) and
the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA) announce today that they
have formed
a strategic alliance to promote the increased use of renewable energy for
transportation.
ETS announced on October 15, 2004, that their virtual department store of
electric
vehicles will market EVs and ultimately supply them with power from the wind
and sun.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Phoenix Motorcars is offering for sale to a California buyer our recently tested 1937 replica 4-door Phaeton with Valence Technology's Lithium Ion battery pack.

Price: $100,000 Terms: 50% down, 50% on delivery

Hey, sounds great! I'll just roll all the coins on the dresser top and go for it!

Shari Prange
Electro Automotive POB 1113 Felton CA 95018-1113 Telephone 831-429-1989
http://www.electroauto.com [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Electric Car Conversion Kits * Components * Books * Videos * Since 1979

I'm starting a new project. A recumbent Motorcycle ...

SNIP

This is the basic design. Any suggestions?

Yep. Hop on the Feet Forwards group and show it to the guys over there who've been building such things for years. There are some folks there who have made their life's work the design and development of recumbent powered two-wheelers.

Some notes. Wheel-base is WAAAAY to long. If you can, stack some of the batteries on top of the first row, in between your legs. You could probably chop at least a foot if not more off the wheel-base without adversely affecting Cg. Also, your weight is a bit incredible. 750 Lbs? I think you'll find that very hard to control. Under 500 would be a much easier thing to control. Are you including your own weight in this?
--

Auf wiedersehen! ______________________________________________________ "..Um..Something strange happened to me this morning."

"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in
sort of Sun God robes on a pyramid with a thousand
naked women screaming and throwing little pickles
at you?"

"..No."

                                        - Real Genius

Just as a doubt:

Zero emmissions is a very drastic statement, the batteries (specially when
hot) will emmit some gases, has anyone given it a second thought ?

What I'm thinking of is a way to collect those vapours and recycle them.

Maybe I shouldn´t even care about them, bu since I'll start my "grand
project" soon, i wanted to make provisions if necessary.

Keep up the good work.

Ivo jara G.
Santiago - Chile

Well, how a bout the solution chrysler used on the tomahawk, it's really a
four wheel motorcycle: take a peek...

http://www.motobykz.co.uk/Pictures/Tomahawk-V10.jpg

With this i don't mean to tell you to make your bike higher, but it could be
as low as you want it, and use four wheels instead of two.

just a thought.

>I'm starting a new project.  A recumbent Motorcycle ...

SNIP

>This is the basic design.  Any suggestions?

Yep. Hop on the Feet Forwards group and show it to the guys over
there who've been building such things for years. There are some
folks there who have made their life's work the design and
development of recumbent powered two-wheelers.

Some notes. Wheel-base is WAAAAY to long. If you can, stack some of
the batteries on top of the first row, in between your legs. You
could probably chop at least a foot if not more off the wheel-base
without adversely affecting Cg. Also, your weight is a bit
incredible. 750 Lbs? I think you'll find that very hard to control.
Under 500 would be a much easier thing to control. Are you including
your own weight in this?
--

                                        Auf wiedersehen!

"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in
sort of Sun God robes on a pyramid with a thousand
naked women screaming and throwing little pickles
at you?"

"..No."

                                        - Real Genius

Well, how a bout the solution chrysler used on the tomahawk, it's really a
four wheel motorcycle: take a peek...

http://www.motobykz.co.uk/Pictures/Tomahawk-V10.jpg

With this i don't mean to tell you to make your bike higher, but it could be
as low as you want it, and use four wheels instead of two.

just a thought.

Not to be rude or anything, but the Tomahawk is a total waste of space. It can barely lean and has a steering lock of about 10 degrees because of the suspension design. The only reason it has four wheels is because that was the only way to support the honking huge, over-powered engine. According to the designer, they decided to use a viper power-plant and then designed the rest around it. Basically, it's a poor design wrapped around a bad initial decision.
--

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:39:00 -0800, Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It is how much money went for development of it, which
> has to be spread over many motors. So the more are made,
> the less expensive each gets, but (besides production volume)
> degree of this phenomenon depends on the proportion of RND
> money compare to production material/labor cost.
>
> How much does Lynch motor cost and

I think last time I was quoted for a new model it was over 800UKP.
But bear in mind that an imported ADC (6.7") can cost upwards of
600UKP.

> what exactly makes it special?

1) High peak power to weight (and size) ratio.
2) Very high efficiency.
3) it is made in low volumes, in the UK.  As opposed to the far east,
with cheap materials, labour and shipping.  i.e, you stand a chance of
it living up to spec and being able to send it back if it doesn't :)

You could used Hydrocaps to prevent losses up to 90% by recombining the
released oxygen and hydrogen.

Or you can go to  Water-Miser Vent Caps for a reduction of 30 to 75%, but
does not have to be replace every two years.

Also if you have a so call seal top batteries, but do vent,  Hydrocap
Company in Florida, makes a absorbment pads that absorbs the gases.  These
are normally used in a total enclose enclosers.