  1) Re: BB600 A/A charging
  2) Re: BB-600 Nicad Cells
  3) Re: Spoon Feeding BB600's
  4) Re: BB-600 Nicad Cells - connectors
  5) Re: wind charger and BB600's?
  6) Re: BB600 have to go straight up and down?
        by "David Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: BB-600 Nicad Cells
        by "David Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Atv conversion
        by richard ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: wind charger and BB600's?
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: NiCds in Europe (was: BB600...)
        by "Schacherl Jens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: Any new EV cars for sale?
        by "EAA-contact" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: BB-600 Nicad Cells - connectors
        by Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Any new EV cars for sale?
        by Jim Coate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Jeep EV Update DC/DC is DEAD
        by "Mark Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: FW: wind charger and BB600's? ALL GONE
        by "Tim Humphrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Spoon Feeding BB600's
        by William Brinsmead <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: 9" ADC aft mounting holes (rather, lack thereof)
        by "Gabriel Alarcon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: BB-600 Nicad Cells - connectors
        by Reverend Gadget <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: DCP DC/DC used with Zilla was Jeep EV Update DC/DC is DEAD
        by "Mark Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: BB-600 Nicad Cells - connectors
 21) BB-600 Nicad Cells
        by James H Wolfe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) I-10 Surplus
        by "Christopher Robison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- The have to be upright when charging. LR.........
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Hastings" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.7.1 - Release Date: 3/9/2005

--- Begin Message --- There is a alternative energy company that sells a NiCad controller to be used with alt. energy inputs. LR........
----- Original Message ----- From: "John G. Lussmyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

hi james
i built a trike test rig with a quad rear axle
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/591.html
there is also a quad smewhere in the album
an etek is fast enough to be scary with about 12hp at 48v
easy to knock up an electric atv
let me know any specific questions
regards
reb

"James A. Eckman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Has anyone on the list had experience with an ATV conversion--ICE to electric?
I hope to locate a well used chain drive 2WD around 200-250CC.
Weight with ICE should be about 400 lbs. Hopefully the machine would have a bad
motor and /or tran. Speed is not an issue but some hill climbing ability would
be.
Would appreciate hearing from anyone with experience or links about this type
conversion.

Tim Humphrey wrote:

>I was just contemplating offering any remaining
>BB600's to the A.E. list
>for the same deal, for use as a battery bank for
>Solar | Wind | MicroHydro
>applications. I myself will be using some for that
>purpose.

Depending upon how they fare in EV use(And depending upon
watering system feasability), if any happen to be laying
around a few months or even a year from now, I may end up
buying some. Just in the event not all of them end up being
sold(Which I think they will be sold quite fast).

Hmm, to dump $900(including shipping) on them or not...

As far as I know, Peugeot has stopped making electric '106 and Partners (van
model) years ago.
They also announced last fall that the Scootelec electric scooter will be
discontinued and that there will be no successor model. Main reasons: "no
demand" and "special parts are no longer made by suppliers".

Citroen has stopped building the Saxo EV in 2003 but is still making the
Berlingo van due to high demand in London where EVs are exempt from congestion
charge and parking fees.

I don't know if Renault is still making the Kangoo EV and serial hybrid, but
they are, or were, never really "available" anyway.

There are rumours that Citroen and Peugeot are currently crushing new Saxo/106
EVs that have never been sold.
"In a secret car demolishing site in France (a breaker), the PSA
group has started demolishing between 300 and 400 hundred Saxos and
106 that have never been used. They take out the Ni-Cad batteries
(where do they go?) and they sell the rest at a very high price. Do
you remember the Think scandal? Ford would do the same thing to
these cars, but were stopped. Who can stop Citroën and Peugeot? Will
they ever be credible again? Are they going to the EVS21 in Monaco?
Will they still laugh at us there? Please contact media and - the
PSA group - we all need this to be known!!!

The news has been leaked from within the PSA system - top level and
top secret ..."

Although this has not been confirmed yet, there are practically no new highway
capable production EVs in Europe available anymore, same as in the US.

Regards, Jens

---
From:  Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:  Thu Mar 10, 2005  11:51 pm
Subject:  NiCds in Europe (was: BB600...)

Thanks for the link Philippe.

So Peugeot is allowed to keep making '106 with NiCd batteries no
problem? I've heard they are *obligated* to find alternative.

The sam with Saxo?

Victor

Philippe Borges wrote:

> true for cadmium which is definitely crap (though quantities are low on our
> hobbyist's hands)
> about nicad prohibition european law:
>
> nicad batteries use is prohibited in europe since 2004 except for power tool
> and industrial application batteries.
> For power tools the law will be voted again in 2008.
> For industrial batteries, which include electric vehicle ones, no
> prohibition !
>
> you will find the whole text here:
> http://ue.eu.int/ueDocs/cms_Data/docs/pressData/en/envir/83236.pdf
>
> So they still are the best choice for EV batteries at the moment (imho) but
> don't forget nicad batteries must'nt be through away, they have to be
> recycled !!!
>
> The actual li-ion are to dangerous in EV use so i'm negociating to test new
> Saft NIMH modules: 12V100Ah/C1 for 18kg and...no watering :^)
>
> Philippe
>
> Et si le pot d'échappement sortait au centre du volant ?
> quel carburant choisiriez-vous ?
> http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr
> Forum de discussion sur les véhicules électriques
> http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/Forum/index.php

 Dick, Toyota only sold 300 RAV4 EVs in California during the 2002 year (1999
models). That was the end of their inventory and commitment to sell EVs. Better
than any of the other automakers who only leased EVs (except for the first Ford
Ranger EVs which dealers sold before they got corrected by headquarters that
EVs are lease-only. -Ed Thorpefortunate to have leased a Honda EV+ for 4
years.--- On Thu 03/10, Dick Farfel &lt; [EMAIL PROTECTED] &gt; wrote:From:
Dick Farfel [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Thu, 10 Mar 2005
12:05:50 -0800 (PST)Subject: Any new EV cars for sale?Toyota was selling Rav4s.
Are they still?Any other companies?-Richard
Farfel__________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?Tired of
spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

Lawrence,

If you remember the photos that Philippe has of the original bat box,
 http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/images/Aprilia%20Eproject%20001.jpg
it shows 2 kinds of connects from bat to bat. One is just a short straight run
with terminal holes. the other is the 'S' connector. The S connector is used
because of the configuration of the bats in the MIL container, and I would
hazard a guess that we would find it useful.

Actually if you look closely at the photo above there is also a 3rd connector.
In the photo there is a diagonal connector in the lower right corner.

I would hazard a guess that we would need all 3 of them to cover all the
connection possibilities that we may encounter.

The cost of tooling up a stamp die for any one of the 3 configurations is
negligible in terms of the cost added to the piece if it is in a quantity order.

Rush

> Uh you need a short and a long interconnect.  I have templates but it's not
> hard to make your own template.  What's with the S shaped interconnect?
> LR.........

--- Begin Message --- And a used Rav4-EV went for around $33,000 on eBay a few days ago... so loyal fans still exist.

EAA-contact wrote:
Dick, Toyota only sold 300 RAV4 EVs in California during the 2002 year
> (1999 models). That was the end of their inventory ...

_________
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak
1992 Chevy S-10 BEV
1997 Chevy S-10 NGV
http://www.eeevee.com

Hi,  I thought I mentioned this before, but my DCP DC converter died because
I left it on all the time and a fungus amungus grew in humid weather across
the isolation boundry from the high voltage to the control components, then
kaboom.  These two that died, were they on all the time?  Are they used in
humid weather?  (Conformal coat the board would help) I don't see how it had
anything to do with the motor speed control, I think that's unrelated.  I
now have my DC converter switched with the ignition and use an aux battery
like normal people.  Mark
visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com