I do not use any of these contact compounds at all in 37 years on battery
contacts. Why, because in our electric work, I have notice a slight increase
of resistance across these contacts.

If you use the correct battery links or battery clamps that is compactible
to the battery contacts and applied the correct torque and re-torque, there
should be no problems.

I use cadmium plated copper terminals and/or battery clamps that are torque
to 12 foot lbs or 100 inch lbs.  If you tried to tighten these with out a
torque wrench, most people will stop at about 50 to 60 inch lbs because they
think they will break the post off.

I first prepare the the battery links by hydraulic crimping a full 360
degrees around the barrel of the terminal.  If using a battery clamp, I
remove the battery clamp bolt and insert a taper cork in to the contact
surface.  Dip the hole battery clamp into that tool dip rubber compound
which is label for use with battery terminals. I use a black and red
compound.

Let dry for awhile, until it is some what tacky and slip on HD heat shrink
that has the sealant in side. The HD type will get up to about 1/8 thick
wall when heated.  We use this type for making under ground cable splices.
Wipe the cable with alcohol before installing the heat shrinks.

When installing these links, I use a backup wrench or tool with a torque
wrench that I also cover with this heat shrink.  The backup tool is a all
plastic clamp that is clamp to the barrel of the link.  I first tighten the
battery clamp to about 50 inch lbs and then install a stainless steel washer
and nut on the stud that comes out of the top of this type of battery.
Torque this stud to about 50 inch lbs which expands the post against the
battery post.

Then tighten the battery clamp to 100 inch lbs.  Drive the EV for about 5
miles and re-torque all the connections again.  You will find that you will
lose about 5 inch lbs.  This is call SHRINK BACK of he surface contacts.
You may have to repeat this re-torque several times before the torque
readings steady out.

After the re-torque, I brush on this tool compound around the bottom of the
battery clamp down to the surface of the battery.  After 8 years and 8
months when I remove replace the batteries, the post contacts was still a
mirror surface.

Roland