On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 04:12:39PM -0600, SLPinfo.org wrote:

> But as for "you can put together an adapter" I would need to have step by
> step instructions as I'm neither an engineer nor an electrician.

Though it's pretty simple, you probably should get someone to instruct
and demonstrate in person the first time you do it.

The 120vac plug you have has two parallel prongs, one "hot" (black
wire) and one "common" (white wire).  The round prong is ground (green
wire).  Generally, common and ground are the same potential.  That is,
on the receptacle into which the plug goes, you should see 120v between
the two flat prongs, zero between one flat prong and the ground, and
120 between the other flat prong and the ground.  For 240vac, there are
two "hot" prongs (usually one white wore and one black) and a
ground/common.   There should be 240vac between the two hots and 120vac
between each of the hots and the ground/common.  You should confirm
voltages with a meter before you hook to your charger.

Get a 120vac receptacle and a 240vac plug to match your available
240vac source (both from almost any hardware or building supply store.
Lowes, for instance).  Use a short (or long if you want to make it and
extension cord) piece of 3 conductor wire to connect them.  12 ga
should be big enough for your 2.5kw(?) charger.  10 ga to be very
conservative.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  60 days 22 hours 05 minutes