On 3 Apr 2014 at 18:45, Michael Ross wrote:

> A DIY'er might consider bottom balancing.

Hmm, these are not the inherently safer LiFePO4 batteries.  The Leaf uses
lithium manganese, IIRC.

There seems to be an almost religious fervor among some proponents of bottom
balancing, particularly some well known ones.  Maybe they're right.  But top
balancing has been used in laptops and mobile phones since the early 1990s,
with an excellent safety record.  That's also how the Leaf does it, no?

>From what I can see, you're not in well charted territory here.  Tread
cautiously.

David Roden
EVDL Administrator