The size of bus bar depends on the ambient temperature and length.  The plated
copper bus bar I use for connecting a contactor, shunt and fuse together not
more than 10 feet in length, 0.25 inch thick and 1 inch wide is rated for 400
amps at 90 C.

You will have to calculated the total length of all the buss bars you use in
your installation.  It is best to use a 1.25 service factor of a conductor in a
electrical circuit. Meaning 125 amp rated conductor for a 100 amp continuous
load fuse at 125 amps.

A 400 ampere conductor, can maintain a 300 amp continuous load fuse for 400
amps.

A 1/8 inch by 1 inch or a 3/16 inch by 3/4 inch copper bar is rated for 270
ampere.  At 1.25 service factor, this bar can handle 0.75 x 270 amp or 202
continuous ampere load fuse at 250 ampere which is the next closest fuse for
270 ampere conductor.

After I cut and drill the copper bars plated or non-plated, it is best to coat
the copper bars with lead if using on a lead acid battery.  I use leading
supplies from www.eastwood.com<http://www.eastwood.com/> which has tinning
paste for lead.  Then cover the bar with heat shrink.

Roland