Electric Blue auto convertions via EV wrote:
Lee, that looks like a Clark/Hyster contactor board fork lifts used
in the 60s and 70s. I have a Clark E500 fork lift service manual, It
looks the same, The Clark/hyster has field weaking,

The Henneys were built in 1959. Only about 100 were made, but it was a very influential EV. As a car, the Renault was a pile of sh... well, you know. But its performance and use of silicon diodes was revolutionary, and every engineer knew all about it.

My guess is that Clark/Hyster copied the Henney's controller, rather than the other way around. The Henney's definitely had a hand-made first-prototype look to it, and there were no Clark labels on it.

I changed the contactor coils to 12 volt, most were 36-48 volt. You could do
that back then,
even change the tips when they wore out, I always put the silver tips
on the contactors, they lasted 4 times as long.

Yep! I liked those old contactors. *Anything* could be changed or fixed. I rebuilt worn-out surplus ones for my first EV. I filed off the burned contacts and silver-soldered dimes to them (of course, dimes were actually made of silver back then)! :-)

--
An engineer can do for a nickel what any damn fool can do for a dollar.
        -- Henry Ford