Peter,

Looks like you last post didn't work...

I'd be interested to know the answer to Lee's question, though in practical
terms I can see the appeal of the road-based solution.  As far as that goes, is
there talk of being able to lower the car coil or is it assumed it will be
fixed?  If objects getting in the way is going to be a problem then I can see
something will have to be done to prevent it - perhaps a deployable skirt to
keep things out.  If you're going to do that, you might as well make the coil
itself lowerable and get the bonus of more efficient and reliable power
transfer.

Not wanting to shoot your work down but I am reminded of (I think it was) Lee's
idea of using an auto engaging charger connection which would be much more
efficient, much cheaper and only marginally less practical.  SOmething like the
airborne re-fueling system is what I had in mind.  MW