On Aug 6, 2014, at 3:23 PM, Ben Goren via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to see if I can't find somebody at Gates to
> help me run some numbers and suggest part specifications. I'd almost
> undoubtedly use their belts (I just replaced the disintegrating fan belt on
> the Mustang with a Gates belt). I'm not sure that they also make
> pulleys...but, if they do, that'd be the obvious choice rather than some
> other manufacturer or a machine shop.

A bit more investigation revealed this:

http://www.gates.com/products/industrial/industrial-belts/made-to-order-metals

Assuming it's not insanely expensive, that's almost certainly the right
answer...for my current-leading geometry idea of mounting the motors to the
side and using them to spin the driveshaft. I'll give 'em a call tomorrow....

b&