From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of
ph...@bill-collins.net via EV
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2014 3:59 PM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org; ev-requ...@lists.evdl.org
Subject: [EVDL] Conversion advice

A few years ago I decided to convert my '98 VW Cabrio to electric.  At
the time,
a Warp 9 motor and Zilla 1K controller seemed to make a lot of sense,
and are
probably one of the best combinations today for a DC conversion.
Since I've now put 90k miles on the car as an ICE (after buying it
cheaply
because the previous owner thought it needed an engine) and a few years
have
gone by, I'm wondering if a DC conversion still makes sense.

I know Curtis makes an AC kit that's designed for similar applications
as the 9
inch DC motors.  Any opinions on it, or other AC options?
Any idea of the resale value of an unused Zilla 1K LV and Warp 9 motor?

At least lithium batteries are a lot cheaper than when I first thought
about
doing this!

Bill