The J1772 cable consists of two heavy copper conductors ( line 1, line
2, 240 VAC) in the USA or three in Europe where 3 phase @240 V AC is
household power.(Mynekey) There a two small "Signal" or "Handshaking"
conductors, and one mid sized "Ground" conductor  (Not a 'neutral')
used to implement the 'Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter' safety
current breaker.
My prefered solution is a J1772 inlet connector with six inch long
leads and suitable packaging to mount in place of the cable at the
EVSE unit. Also a J1772 plug and housing to easily attach to the end
of the original cable from the EVSE box. Then you have your own cable.
and the unit at your home is safe  Next many, most, or all, ESVE need
to be converted ,  The cost of the adapter inlet connector is less
than the price of a cable so manufacturers will like the change and
the double ended cables may be sold or rented for additional profit.
And the conversions can be completed as a repair for EVSE cable theft.
An unconverted EVSE can still be used, and your cable from home
carried in your car can be used for converted EVSE units. NO
MODIFICATION OF THE EV IS REQUIRED.
Now I think that this is a solution and I am publishing it on the EVDL
so it is not patentable ! Entrepreneurs take notice..Opportunity is
knocking.

On 9/3/14, Robert Bruninga via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
> Ø  Unlikely to help, stripped wire fetches more money than insulated so the
> cable won't be recognizable.
>

> Yes, more per pound but fewer pounds.  I once looked into it, and the time
> and effort of striping the cables just broke even since the weight of the
> load was then half as much.
>

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Robert Bruninga via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> wrote:
>
> IM going to ask our local EVSE MFR to give me some 6" samples of his EVSE
> charge cables.
>

> Then I will mount them on a small display board and see if I can get the
> local recyclers to hang the plaque on the wall with a sign "Stolen EV
> charge cables"...
>

> The conductors are unique, 3 big ones and 2 small ones (or is it 3 and 1?)
>

> Maybe that will help.  There are a lot of recyclers, but there are also a
> lot of us.  Maybe our boots on the ground can  help reduce this problem.
>

> Bob, WB4aPR
>

> --
> www.electric-lemon.com

Dennis Lee Miles

(*evprofes...@evprofessor.com <evprofes...@evprofessor.com>)*

* Founder:    **EV Tech. Institute Inc.*

*Phone #* *(863) 289-0690 (12 noon to 12 midnight Eastern US Time)*

*Educating yourself, does not mean you were **stupid; it means, you are
intelligent enough,  **to know, that there is plenty left to learn!*

*          You Tube Video link:  http://youtu.be/T-FVjMRVLss
<http://youtu.be/T-FVjMRVLss> *