 Subject: Re: [EVDL] Under Body Pan
 To: ev@lists.evdl.org
 Date: Thursday, 18 September, 2014, 15:45

 Hi Buddy,

 I actually installed an air
 dam to improve the airflow.  I also added
 some air guides on the side of the car to help
 direct airflow around the
 passenger
 compartment.

 It really
 depends on the aerodynamics of your car as to what would
 improve it.  I got lucky in that a professor
 did a study on the Porsche
 914, and showed
 where to improve the car.  Wheel covers provide a huge
 improvement, BTW - more than fender skirts.

 Cheers, Peter

 On 9/18/14,
 7:37 AM, Buddy Mills via EV wrote:
 > Has
 anyone else installed a body pan for aerodynamics?  I just
 put one under
 > my electercel front to
 back, minus a 9" for a fan intake.  .064 Sheet
 > aluminum with some 1" square tube
 under the motor bay for support.  After
 > doing my regular drive of 84 miles round
 trip several times it seems to
 > getting
 3% to 6% increase in mileage at ~50mph avg.
    I am thinking fender

 skirts on the rear next.

 buddymi...@cox.net

 <http://www.evalbum.com/2887> http://www.evalbum.com/2887

 > Disclaimer:  No
 animals were harmed or killed in the process of writing
 this
 > email.  Any stories to the
 contrary are, for the most part, either fictional