> From: jerry freedomev via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
>
>              Of all heaters diesel!!! Come on!!

What I forgot to mention is that I make my own biodiesel from waste vegetable
oil.

Still, diesel has the highest energy density of common liquid fuels, and can be
burned very cleanly, especially in external combustion situations. The Webasto
website says their hydronic heaters are 97% efficient! The carbon impact of
diesel is arguably less than that of LPG, which has a lot less energy content,
and which requires a lot more processing.

Diesel heat is also arguably less polluting than electric heat powered by a
coal generating station, probably by a LONG SHOT, since the hydronic diesel
heat is 90+% efficient, and the coal is at best 30% efficient by the time it
gets turned into electricity.

:::: Clean energy is less energy. -- Ozzie Zehner