 Subject: Re: [EVDL] OT: status> the newswires are changing, (L1 CORRECTION!)
 To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
 Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 8:53 AM

 I believe that is why
 Tesla gives it away to its customers.

 Sent from my iPad

 EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>

 Abramowitz via EV wrote:
 >> And with
 parking meters charging, becoming bigger and also taking
 >> credit cards, I see a potential future
 in the merging of the two.

 > At least in the US, it is normal for
 electric utilities to have made it illegal for others to
 resell their electricity. They set themselves up with a
 legal monopoly way back in the early days when the grid was
 first being established. ("If you don't give us the
 exclusive rights to sell power, we won't your town on
 the electric grid. Sign here...")

 > So you can't legally sell power at
 a charging station without the power company's
 blessing.

 > But you
 CAN charge for a parking place that just happens to provide
 "free" electricity!
 > --
 > Don't worry about people stealing your
 ideas. If your ideas are any
 > good,
 you'll have to ram them down people's throats. --
 Howard Aiken

 Lee Hart's EV projects are at http://www.sunrise-ev.com/LeesEVs.htm