On Mar 30, 2015, at 1:31 PM, Cor van de Water via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> I am able to reduce my foot print and I chose to do that using
> an EV and buying green electricity...

That's why, when I put a bunch of panels on my roof some years back, I
intentionally oversized it so I could power an EV and still not need net
energy. Still working on the EV solution (though it's closer every day), but my
(substantial) net surplus almost makes up for the carbon emissions from the
miles I drive.

...in that sense, you can _almost_ suggest that my '68 VW Westfalia with its
1600cc gasoline engine is solar powered, but I wouldn't actually go that far....

b&