First of all for those of you that don't know the bay area including it seems
Cor(who lives close by) there are many micro climates.  My neighborhood is very
sunny most of the day almost every day.  The fog comes in at night.  There are
famous pictures of the fog cresting Noe Valley.  So sun is not a problem and as
a matter of fact I have a south facing hill 4 blocks from my house which would
be perfect if I wanted more concentrated energy.  I am no noobie  Lawrence
Rhodes' 1997 Ford Aspire
|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Lawrence Rhodes' 1997 Ford AspireOwner Lawrence Rhodes Owner's Other EVs EMB
Lectra Vego 600 SX 1980 Jet ElectraVan 750 Schwinn Stingray 2001 Lepton 1987
Honda VT700 Shadow 2007 I-zip ... |
|  |
| View on www.evalbum.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

  I have a dozen ev projects under my belt as well as veggie diesel projects.
I sold my Aspire for 3k and could buy it back for 1.5 but it is just too heavy
for my purposes. (BTW it is in Santa Cruz CA and is a super bargain for someone
interested in a daily driver.(it would be awsome with a leaf pack) $1500.00. It
did much service taking kids to school in the last decade.  It is at 144vdc
very peppy.(leaves beamers in the dust for half a block)  It's just not nice
and shinny. So a paint job and body work is needed)   Possibly EVen Dave Clouds
Dolphin with a Leaf pack which would put the car at 17 or 18 hundred pounds
still might be too heavy.  I think something like Lynch put together might be
the ticket just wider and longer.  Of course it could go the other way and
maybe just 750 watts of panel on a very faired motorcycle might also work but
it can't be aero and safe with out out riggers like eTracer or the Lit C1.
So I think its a numbers game.  Do the math & build the vehicle.  It's the only
way to go.  I suspect a towed array and panels on the vehicle will do it.  Just
not sure of the combo.....or my budget.  Look what Dave Cloud did with 3 grand
and an idea.   I already have solar on my roof.  It's time for the power to be
autonomous & add to what I'm putting back into the grid. Shade sh made.  I'm
doing it. Don't forget Stella consumes 55wh per mile. Can drive 40 mph and not
use energy from the pack. I have a goal.  Just no telling how close I can come.
But that being said if I had a leaf pack in my Aspire and 3k of Solar that is 7
hours of charging to full.....hmmm maybe I should go that way. It would cost 10
k or so for the panels, 2500 for the leaf pack and then there is the charger
and BMS.  However what a project.    Lawrence Rhodes....