Where do you get your information.

LiFePO4 if good even at 140F.

http://ecst.ecsdl.org/content/3/36/3.full.pdf

________________________________
 From: Michael Ross via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: Jeff Major <jff_...@yahoo.com>; Electric Vehicle Discussion List
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] ENERDEL Battery Experiences

Jeff,

I am not sure why performance at ambient temperatures should make anyone
feel confident about a cell.  LFP for instance, starts to have serious
difficulties at 104°F if it is fully charged.  That is certainly ambient
here in North Carolina; and that is free air, not boxed up with significant
amperage scooting about.

I must tell you, I don't have an axe to grind here.  I simply want to point
out a better way to go. That is to get better information for all.  And
better testing with in the industry.   ENERDEL just popped up on my radar
is all.  They have an website that is light on good information and I waded
in.  I am happy to see that behind the curtain they may have more on the
ball.

I have been scanning the course work you provided to me, and it is very
nice.  When ENERDEL discusses cycle life (around page 279) I can see they
clearly understand the reactivity of the positive electrode at very high
SOC and how temperature makes that much worse for the electrolyte.  They
clearly have good information to work with and probably are engaged with
Dalhousie University or the spin off Novonix to get good testing done.  I
am duly impressed.

I still have not figured out what chemistry they have chosen.  From what I
have seen so far, they speak assiduously, only in general terms regarding
their own cells.  If they are using some inferior chemistry and electrolyte
package it is clearly not because they don't know better, so I bet they are
OK.  Provisional blessing on them until I am better educated.

Thanks for taking the time to address this with me.

Mike

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Jeff Major via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> I doubt that EnerDel and its customers have overlooked anything as basic
> as performance and life at ambient temperatures. It appears to me that
> Hoegberg is comparing to some float stand-by application and then
> misinterpreting the presented data.  But whatever.  They have millions of
> cells in the field and no complaints of which I am aware.

Thomas A. Edison
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasaed125362.html>

*Warren Buffet*

Michael E. Ross