Thank you to those that responded with actionable replies such as from Medeck,
Nickerson and Goren.

Medeck has some interesting work performed to date that is quite successful on
his electric powered family boat. A man blessed with artful creation, creating
a power train that really performs well. I hope you can send some pictures.

Nickerson,
Storage 12 to 32 KwH depending on type of travel, weather, tide/flow,
insolation and other numerous factors.
Maximum package voltage nominal 24 for pack, motoring and controller.
Cruise is at 3 to 4 miles per hour at 24 volts at 30 to 100 amps depending on
tide, river flow and wind. Full power is at 24 volts and 300 amps for each
motor. And yields over 8 mph.
One or both motors can be used for cruising and steering differentially. Motor
ram/tiller steering is also used.
I have left a marina at 100% charge and motored 40 miles on a sunny day. At
sunset the battery bank was back up to over 90%.

Goren,
The oil cooled stainless steel HPEVS motors are very robust and would also be
in consideration. They are not only soundly designed but are works of art.
Thank you for reminding me to take a second look.

Dycus,
The table of offsets for the hull are from a noteworthy Australian/American
racing sailboat certified naval architect.
The hull form and weight are superior to any of your suggestions and at 12,000
pounds for a 40 foot boat with lead acid batteries, far slicker and lighter
than you suggested, for my purpose.
You might reread the site and blog to find that its draft is only 18 inches and
configured for grounding (sitting level) daily.
The original boat ran Annapolis, MD to Wilmington, NC (over 520 miles) totally
solar, on less solar energy and less efficient motors than are currently
employed.
An university professor I know did power (a hybrid) canal boat but found it a
bit hard to handle (flat bottom) with only the one electric motor in coastal,
tidal, salt waters. 50% of the time he relied on the small diesel engine. He
and the wife completed the Great Loop of nearly 6,000 miles.
By the way, how is your three wheeled car coming along?

Best to all,

George