On 05/13/2015 10:37 AM, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:
I've now heard all the talk about 5 minute quick charging batteries and the 1
megawatt per car requirement.  It's time to stop the madness.  As much as I
love Tesla all their models are big energy pigs.  85KW!  Yes much better than a
Tesla has selected a product that they feel matches a market that they think they can succeed in. So far, it looks like they are correct. Think of all the proposed EVs that have not reached production or produced EVs that have failed to meet sales goals.

I am about 1500 miles into a trip using SuperChargers almost exclusively.