It is actually 14.4 kWh from 110V/12A.  Most people have 15A circuits and
shouldn't draw more than 12A.

When I first got my Tesla, I was charging on 110V and having some trouble
keeping up.  My normal commute is 50 miles round trip, plus side trips.  The
Tesla has about 250-300 wh per mile.

With L2 charging, there is no problem, even after fully depleting the pack.  It
fully charged overnight.

I do agree that smaller, lighter cars and better efficiency would be helpful.
However, I'm not sure whether a cD less than 0.22 will be enough like a car to
be practical and accepted.   Looking through the lists of cars below, most cars
with a drag coefficient less than 0.25 are concept cars.  The Tesla Model S is
actually pretty good at 0.24. Its biggest problem is its size and weight.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_drag_coefficient