Nope,
I have a little experience with charging older style Li-Ion batteries
by hand and the resting voltage is typically a rather fixed amount (delta)
below the charging voltage,
no matter how high you charged them.
If you charge to 3.8V then they rest at say 3.65
If you charge to 4.0 then they rest at 3.85
If you charge to the max recommended 4.25 edge then they rest at 4.1
If you overcharge to 4.5 then they rest at 4.35 (they will self-discharge
faster but not immediately)

So, from measuring the rest voltage it is not clear that they are balanced -
you really need to measure each cell to make sure,
that is why a BMS is important.

BTW, the only thing that I found different between charging and resting voltage
was
the indication of a bad cell with high resistance, but even those were pretty
consistent in just a slight larger delta between charge and rest.
Hope this clarifies,

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626          Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130          private: cvandewater.info
www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received this
message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any unauthorized
use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of this message is
prohibited.